Doing your won nails is cheaper safer and less time-consuming than going to a salon – but it’s also easier to mess up. Here are some tips for getting a professional manicure at home.
- Clean up: First, you need to remove all traces of previously applied nail paint from each nail. Use a non-acetone remover to clean off. Using a nail clipper; clip your nails if needed.
- Soak: Mix a few drops of liquid body soap in bowl of lukewarm water: Soak your hands in this water for five to 10 minutes.
- Cuticles : Dip a cotton swab in olive oil and apply it on your cuticles. It is important to remove excess cuticles. Very gently push the cuticles back using a cuticle pusher.
- Base coat: It is essential to use a base coat as it makes your nail polisher last longer.
- Nail polish: Never shake your nail polish, as shaking will cause bubbles in the polish. Instead , roll it between your hands while holding the bottle vertically. Apply thin layers of nail polish and spread them out.
- Cooking oil: you can spray some cooking oil onto wet nails to help them dry fast.
- Top coat: Top coats prevent chipping and add sheen to your nails.
This article is powered by Times Of India